Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jenny Heyman's Spinach Wraps


This idea actually comes from Tara Crawford who made these for a Fitness Fair Enrichment awhile ago. I emailed her to get the recipe a week later because I was craving some more of their healthy goodness! I like to make up a bunch so I have something healthy on hand to eat for lunch. Here's how she told me to make them:

Start with one of the wraps (located in the same place as the tortillas-which you could substitute in a pinch). Spread a thin layer of light cream cheese, then a couple tablespoons of pesto. Add spinach leaves, sliced bell pepper (red, orange, yellow), a couple slices of red onion, shredded carrots, 3-4 slices deli turkey, and a couple of sun-dried tomatoes. Then just roll and enjoy!

I'm sure you could come up with other variations too. I know in the Cougareat at BYU they have one thats really good with mandarin oranges and craisins.

And if you're going to truly eat them Jenny Heyman style they should be followed by a handful of chocolate chips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment